2008-03-05

New machine in town...

So my trustful old laptop from the lab is going to be sent down the drain... Well, can't say I'll cry as I've been using the thing for 3 years and the pas 4 months without a working lcd.
A new machine is currently being built and shipped my way by, ekk, Dell again. Cannot change it, IT policy from my university, that sucks but we cannot do anything about it. Or at least I prefer to put the fight on double booting rather than on machine type.
And I fought...
And I won the right of having a double boot on the damned new machine, if and only if, they provide no support whatsoever for me. Hell! You touch the freebsd partition of my machine and you are a leaving the lab in a body bag, that's how I care about your support!!

So... Dell D430. That what it's going to be...
Freebsd 7.0 is going to be installed on it by me.
I managed to get them to partition the HD in 3 separate bits: one for XP (and *not* Vista which is somehow a good thing as I heard...), one fat32 for data so I can access it from both side, and the last one empty.

We'll see how it turns out...
Can't wait to test freebsd 7.0!!! More soon then...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

11/11/2008 3:49 pm  
Blogger Long Wei said...

Yo man, here in China I have a D430 also, companu policy as well. Could be better but at least the machine is not that heavy...

1/25/2009 7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home