2006-10-11

Chasing Orpie

Severe brain damage caused by windows left me naked with my debian box.

A. Statements :
Where have they put my calc.exe ?
aka No I don't feel miserable enough to use expr !
aka I don't want to use my cell phone either
aka besides, I don't want to compute square root with the basic operands with the previous methods

B. Encounter deep inside the land of the lost packages.
The first google rule stress that thou shall not seek in vain (at least with no time constraint). Imagine that you meet someone whose very first words are "Because the equals key is for the weak". How could you refrain yourself from falling in love ? Let's face it, the world would never be the same anymore.

By the way, Orpie is a command line scientific calculator using the RPN notation and a visual stack. The chances are high that you could snob all your coworker just like during the hp48 days! (Remember ? When you were the only one willing to lend his/her calculator knowing the awful truth. The world were divided between 2 classes : those who would/could not understand how to use it and those who already own one. Ah! Life were so simple back there!)

Help yourself, go and compile it ! It's here

2 Comments:

Blogger hern42 said...

Orpie Rules!!!
I was using xcalc with the -rpn option to get a copie of a HP but this is way cooler! Man, I do love ncurses UI.

10/11/2006 2:11 pm  
Blogger hern42 said...

Oh and by the way, nice reference for the title ;)

10/11/2006 2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home